The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and implementing ICC’s strategy, policy and programme of action in Belgium and for overseeing the financial affairs of the Brussels-based committee of ICC, the world business organization.
In particular, it is responsible for the appointment of the ICC Belgium Chairmanship and Secretary General.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors is Vincent Reuter (2018-2021), past Managing Director of the Walloon Union of Enterprises (UWE) and past Chair of the Board of Credendo, the official Belgian export credit agency.
Honorary Chairmen include Bruno van Lierde, Honorary Chairman of the Boston Consulting Group Belgium, Rudi Thomaes, who led the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium eight years, from June 2004 and Paul Buysse, the main author of the Belgian Code for Corporate Governance (Code Buysse).
The members of the Board of Directors:
- Veerle Baele, Manager GTS Service Centre, Corporate & Public Banking Belgium – BNP PARIBAS FORTIS (2020-2023)
- Karel Baert, CEO – FEBELFIN (2020-2023)
- Alexis Brouhns, Region General Manager Europe – SOLVAY (2019-2022)
- Dirk De Meulemeester , Lawyer/Partner – DMDB LAW (statutory member for CEPANI)
- Frédéric de Schrevel, Secretary-General – BESIX (2018-2021)
- Patrick De Wolf, Managing Partner – DALDEWOLF (2018-2021)
- Philippe Lambrecht, Secretary General & Member of the Board – FEDERATION OF ENTERPRISES IN BELGIUM (FEB) (2018-2021)
- Pascal Lizin, Director Government & Public Affairs – GSK VACCINES (2018-2021)
- Didier Matray, Partner – MATRAY MATRAY & HALLET (2020-2023)
- Jean-François Tossens, Partner – TOSSENS, GOLDMAN & GONNE (2018-2021)
- Mireille Troosters, Risk Manager – KBC BANK (2020-2023)
- Wouter Van Gulck, General Manager – FEDERATION OF BELGIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE (2019-2022)
- Sofie Verlinden, Head of legal, DEME-GROUP (2021-2024)
- Sabien Vermeulen, Chief Legal Ethics & Compliance Officer – TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING S.A. (2020-2023)
- Yves Verschueren, Managing Director – ESSENSCIA (2020-2023)
The Secretary General is, since September 2014, Mathieu Maes (2014 – …).
Honorary Secretaries General include Rudi Thomaes, Tony Vandeputte, who led the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium during fourteen years, from 1990 and Guy Keutgen, Honorary Director-Secretary General of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium.