SUPPORTING SMEs AGAINST CORRUPTION
7 December 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
You’re invited to celebrate with us the INTERNATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION DAY 2017 during this morning event, organized by the partners of ACTS, an anti-corruption project co-financed by the Internal Security Fund of the European Union, with the Belgian National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
The event, that will be held in English, will be inaugurated by Denis Ducarme, Belgian Minister of Middle Classes, Self-employed, SMEs, Agriculture and Social Integration, and concluded by Kris Peeters, Belgian Vice Prime Minister for Employement, Economy, and Consumers.
Speakers from different Members states including representatives of the UN, the OECD, the European Parliament, the European Commission, Eurochambres, ICC and other organizations will address the audience in different panels:
· SMEs against corruption & policy making
· Belgian and other EU initiatives to support SMEs
· The Anti-Corruption Toolkit for SMEs
The full programme will be communicated soon.
For more information on the ACTS projects: http://www.acts-project.eu.
10.00 Welcome and registration
10.30 Welcoming address by Renaat Schrooten, Director General – FPS Economy
10.35 Introduction speech by M. Kris Peeters, Belgian Vice Prime Minister for Employment, Economy, and Consumers
Panel 1: SMEs against corruption & policy making
10.45 – 12.00, Moderator: Arnaldo Abruzzini, CEO EUROCHAMBRES
- OECD – Lise Née – Legal Analyst, Anti-Corruption Division, Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- ONUDC – Yujing YUE – Implementation Support Section – Corruption and Economic Crime Branch – Division for Treaty Affairs – United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- European Commission – Irina Stefuriuc – Anti-corruption team leader, Unit Fight Against Organised Crime and Drugs, DG Home
- European Parliament – Benedek Jávor, Member of the European Parliament, Vice-Chair of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Integrity, Transparency, Anti-Corruption and Organised Crime
- International Chamber of Commerce Belgium – Mathieu Maes, presentation of the toolkit: A trustworthy SME rejects corruption: Why and How?
- Testimonial from a SME – Shréder
Panel 2: Anti-Corruption Toolkit for SMEs (ACTS Project)
12.00 – 13.00, Moderator: Vito Giannella – ACTS Project Director
- The ACTS methodology and toolkit – a self-assessment tool for SMEs and micro-enterprises Francesco Zavattari – Communication Expert, ACTS Project
- Alessio Misuri – Unioncamere, the Union of Italian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Implementing ACTS in Serbia
- Gordana Tiodorović, Director Legal and Policy Department, Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Serbia
- What’s next? The future of ACTS
- Flavio Burlizzi, Permanent Delegate, Unioncamere Europa
13.00 Conclusion speech by H.E. Elena Basile, Ambassador of Italy to the Kingdom of Belgium
13.10 Networking reception
Thursday 7 December 2017
09:30 – 13:30
Federal Public Service Economy
Vooruitgangstraat 50 rue du Progrès
Free of charge
The event will be held in English
*Seating is limited to 100 attendees.
For more information:
Contact Julie Deré
+32 2 515 09 33