The Board of Directors is responsible for developing and implementing ICC’s strategy, policy and programme of action in Belgium and for overseeing the financial affairs of the Brussels-based committee of ICC, the world business organization.
In particular, it is responsible for the appointment of the ICC Belgium Chairmanship and Secretary General.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors is Bruno van Lierde, Honorary Chairman of the Boston Consulting Group Belgium.
Honorary Chairmen include Rudi Thomaes, who led the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium eight years, from June 2004 and Paul Buysse, the main author of the Belgian Code for Corporate Governance (Code Buysse).
The members of the Board of Directors:
- Veerle Baele, Manager GTS Service Centre, Corporate & Public Banking Belgium – BNP PARIBAS FORTIS
- Alexis Brouhns, Region General Manager Europe – SOLVAY
- Frédéric de Schrevel, Secretary-General – BESIX
- Patrick De Wolf, Managing Partner – DALDEWOLF
- Dirk De Meulemeester , Lawyer/Partner – LEXLITIS GENT (statutory member for CEPANI)
- Philippe Lambrecht, Secretary General & Member of the Board – FEDERATION OF ENTERPRISES IN BELGIUM
- Pascal Lizin, Director Government & Public Affairs – GSK VACCINES
- Dominique Michel, CEO – COMEOS
- Emile Rummens, Senior Risk Manager – KBC BANK
- Sandrine Sepul, General Manager – CONSEIL DE LA PUBLICITÉ
- Jean-François Tossens, Partner – TOSSENS, GOLDMAN & GONNE
- Wouter Van Gulck, General Manager – FEDERATION OF BELGIAN CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
- Emmanuel Verhoosel, Head of Commercial Banking – ING BELGIUM
- Sabien Vermeulen, Chief Legal Ethics & Compliance Officer – TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING S.A.
- Michel Vermaerke, CEO – FEBELFIN
The Secretary General is, since September 2014, Mathieu Maes.
Honorary Secretaries General include Tony Vandeputte, who led the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium during fourteen years, from 1990 and Guy Keutgen, Honorary Director-Secretary General of the Federation of Enterprises in Belgium.